A Bride To Be
Hornsby Heights NSW 2077
Also Services: Sydney
We are Sydney's longest established seller of pre-loved designer wedding gowns, having been established in 1991.
Since then our commitment to offering brides stunning, designer couture gowns in excellent condition at a fraction of their original cost has not wavered.
Our showroom stocks gowns by designers including
* Maria Chiodo
*Karen Willis Holmes
*Jennifer Regan and much more.
Gowns in our salon are no more than three years old.
We follow the latest trends to make sure that our styles are the latest fashion trends.
We are constantly updating our stock to ensure that our stock is fresh and current.
We stock a number of new designer gowns as well, some that are part of the latest collection, giving you the opportunity to own an authentic, current season, designer gown at a fraction of the asking price.
Gowns are available to be viewed and tried on by appointment only. However we are available for appointments after hours and weekends (yes, even on Sundays) for your convenience.
Designer couture gowns that are less than two years old are also accepted for sale on a consignment basis
Telephone us on 0413 549 367 to arrange an appointment.
Save money on wedding stationery by cutting out Save the Date Cards and RSVP cards
Do not skimp on lingerie!
Don't skimp on the groom's suit. You both should look your best.
Choose a DJ instead of using an Ipod or CD at your reception.
Choose musicians for your ceremony instead of using a cd or your ipod.
Use a professional wedding photographer for your wedding day, it's worth it. Make sure that any photographer you are considering, is a member of a professional organisation such as the Australian Institute of Professional Photography.
Restaurants are a great alternative for a wedding reception
Have a hairdressing and makeup trial. It's worth it.
Get your hair and make up professionally done on your wedding day.
save money on your wedding shoes. Panache Wedding Shoes are having a massive sale throughout May.
A surf club is a great alternative for couples on a tight budget. You get a great view and can easily decorate the room with too much expense.
Unlimited drinks package v drinks on a consumption basis. If you want to save money on the alcohol bill for your reception, don't serve cocktails or spirits.
Save money off meals at your reception, if having a sit down menu by serving only alternate meals and the wedding cake as dessert.
Function Centres are accustomed to hosting wedding receptions and often include a lot of extras saving you money in the long run.
Have to have your dream wedding on a budget - don't have a large bridal party
If you are on a tight budget skip releasing the doves and butterflies after the ceremony. Bubbles are a great choice. Save money on bubbles by buying them from Parklea markets at Parklea if you live in Sydney.
Save money on musicians at your ceremony by using the same musicians for the whole ceremony. Try the Conservatorium of music or talented buskers.
You don't have to DIY to save money on your wedding. You can save on flowers by cutting out the unnecessary.
Don't take too many people wedding dress shopping with you, don't do wedding dress shopping with another bride, take your Mum, if possible
What to take with you and do when you go wedding dress shopping - strapless bra, control garment, shoes in similar style and heel height, jewellery and wear hair style you are considering.
Before you plan to go shopping for your wedding gown, follow these tips.
Please note that the following testimonials are collected, supplied and maintained by A Bride To Be.
Hi Nicole and Graeme
Well we have arrived home safely in B to our respective homes and the reality has set in for myself, in that our darling daughter now has her dream Vera Wang wedding dress.
I wish to thank you both for the lovely experience of today, V and I will fondly remember the day she decided on THE dress!
I just knew when I spoke with you yesterday Nicole, that there would be a positive outcome.
Thank you for your genuineness and your fab advice and support in accessing a tailor, we really would not have known where best to go.
I am sure V will send you some pics of her and J's wedding day.
How wonderful of you both to have a celebratory drink with us.
Thank you so much!
Thank you for your integrity.
We LOVE E's dress and are so thankful we came by last weekend. Thank you for everything..You and your husband have really gone the extra mile.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Free display in studio and appointment times.
- Free advertising on A Bride To Be, Google and Australia’s leading wedding website.
- You are welcome to collect your gown at any time with prior notice.
- Elegant but relaxed and friendly environment.
- Experienced advice on suitable adjustments (if necessary) to achieve the most flattering fit with your gown.
- Suggested options to tweak the style to satisfy the bride’s dream.
- Constant flow of visitors to the studio so that your gown is exposed to regular viewings and given every opportunity to attract a buyer.
- Gowns are stored in clear plastic covers and gloves are always worn when the gown is handled.
- All care is taken during appointments. Shoes are left at door, wipes provided for makeup removal, jewellery removed and assistance given with fastenings and fitting.
- No cost to you at all unless gown is sold.
Outlined below is the uncomplicated process by which A Bride To Be helps you on-sell your gown.
- Your gown is displayed in the most attractive way in a clear plastic cover in the elegant and welcoming studio free of charge to you.
- Your gown is insured against fire, storm and tempest damage while on the premises.
- You are not committed to a consignment term and are free to collect your gown at any time with sufficient notice.
- An approved photo of your gown is listed on A Bride To Be website in the Photo Gallery, with links to Australia’s leading wedding website and Google free of charge to you.
- Private appointments are made for brides to view and try on your gown. Only one bride in the studio at any time to ensure supervision of the care of your gown.
- A selling price which has been agreed upon with you is negotiated on your behalf with the buyer.
- Only when the gown is sold will a consignment fee be incurred, (your only cost) and this will be deducted from the sale price.
- Your money will be transferred electronically to your chosen bank account on completion of sale.
If your gown is an up-to-the-minute style:
- Contact A Bride To Be through the Enquiry Form linked to the website or by phone to notify Nicole of your interest and any further queries. Please note that A Bride to Be only accepts gowns for sale that are no more than 2 years old in excellent condition.
- After gathering a few details of your gown, please email through a couple of photographs of you in your wedding gown on your wedding day. This will assist in determining whether we are able to stock your gown.
- A time to suit will be arranged to deliver the gown.
- The gown must be drycleaned or cleaned by a specialist bridal cleaner beforehand. If you are unsure of who to ask to clean your gown, please contact A Bride to Be for our list of recommended, tried and trusted bridal cleaners.
- On receipt of the gown, your selling price will be discussed and decided upon with you.
- At any stage, you are welcome to contact A Bride To Be to check on the interest in your gown.
You have the fabulous photos, framed and mounted, to remind you of your wedding day. You now realise that your daughter, like you, will want to choose her own beautiful gown for her special day; that you will be unlikely to don the gown again for any occasion and you could actually buy a cot, a sofa or a pair of diamond earrings with the money you would receive on the sale of your wedding dress. A Bride To Be has been established for two decades and enjoys an enviable reputation in the industry for its continued success, vast experience and knowledge of up-to-the-minute fashions and very friendly service. It continues to serve an ever increasing number of brides through referrals, media advertising, feature articles and direct links to Australia’s leading wedding web sites.
|Monday||By Appointment Only|
|Tuesday||By Appointment Only|
|Wednesday||By Appointment Only|
|Thursday||By Appointment Only|
|Friday||By Appointment Only|
|Saturday||By Appointment Only|
|Sunday||By Appointment Only|
- Bank Transfer(EFT)